Together Virginia is dedicated to fostering conversations between Virginians with a particular focus on rural voters. Our goal is to encourage trust and understanding.
We also work to:
- Encourage candidates who want to represent our state to develop a positive, cohesive, honest message that speaks to all Virginians.
- Identify, nurture, advise and support Democratic candidates in rural Virginia in local and state elections.
- Help voters understand how the values of Democrats can benefit their lives.
- Have confidence in our values as Democrats.
- A motivated public that is motivated and energized.
- A state where the people care deeply about one another.
- A rural population that needs to be a part of the conversation.
We take a conversational approach to building trust, believing that the power of stories and truly knowing one another will lead to a fair and even platform that will resonate with more Virginians and garner more enthusiasm and support for our candidates. We see our work as long term; understanding that building the base and trust with voters for current elections will set us on the right path for winning future ones.
We believe that when we support every part then together we all share the benefits.
For the 2017 Virginia elections we supported:
- Several local candidates running in local races in SWVA
- Local Democratic committees
- Yard signs
- We held a fundraiser for three House of Delegates candidates running in districts that we part of Congressional Districts in SWVA currently held by Republicans; Chris Hurst (9th CD), Angela Lynn (5th and 6th CD) and Djuna Osborne (6th CD).
- Democratic Promise
For the 2018 elections we hope to:
- Work with the coordinated campaign to support candidates up and down the ticket
- Work with local committees to support their efforts to reach more voters
Contact us and follow us on social media:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @TogetherVAPAC
- Facebook Page: @TogetherVAPAC
- Join our Facebook Group: Together Virginia